Backing the Future Grants
Round One Snapshot
Geography: NSW only
Amount: $50,000 over 12 months to individuals
Number of grants (awarded per round): 10
Applications open: 5 August 2022
Applications close: 31 August 2022
Shortlisted candidates notified for second stage interview: By 30 September 2022
Recipients announced: November 2022
How to apply: Applications must be submitted through this LINK. The application process involves a combination of written and video responses.
Note: Our priority is for the application process to be as inclusive as possible. If the video component raises accessibility challenges for you, please call (02) 9291 2727 or email [email protected] to discuss.
In August 2022, VFFF will host a Q&A webinar for Backing the Future Grants. Details will be announced soon.
What is a Backing the Future grant?
Backing the Future grants award $50,000 over 12 months to individuals whose work is focused on rural and regional young people across one or more of VFFF's four focus areas: Decent Work, Caring for the Environment, Contributing to Society and Exploring Christian Faith and Values.
Backing the Future grants support individuals researching, piloting or accelerating early-stage ideas.
10 grants will be allocated per funding round. The two funding rounds in Year One will be:
- August 2022 - NSW
- February 2023 - QLD.
Backing the Future Grant recipients will be working on projects that include or involve:
- Innovative ideas that advance the independence, social purpose and future security of young people
- Testing or developing new ways of working
- Elevating the voices of young people
- Supporting rural and regional communities to drive change
- Work that is youth-led, co-designed or actively incorporates the voices of young people
- Opportunities for young people to grow personally and professionally.
Eligibility and Exclusions
How to apply
It is strongly recommended that applicants read through the eligibility and exclusions table, application questions budget template and FAQs prior to starting their application.
1. Click here
2. Create an account
3. Complete the eligibility quiz
4. If eligible, complete the written and video application process
5. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application.
To support your application, please review the: